All applicants need to get an appointment by sending an email to : email@example.com
Republic Act No. 9225: An Act Making the Citizenship of Filipino Citizens who acquire Foreign Citizenship Permanent. Amending for the Purpose Commonwelath Act. No. 63, as amended and for other purposes
This act shall be known as the "Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003." It is hereby declared the policy of the State that all Philippine citizens of another country shall be deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship under the conditions of this Act.
- Personal appearance of the applicant;
- Two (2) copies of original duly accomplished Petition for Retention / Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship Form which can be downloaded using this link: https://abudhabipe.dfa.gov.ph/images/Consular/New_Forms/Retention_Reacquisition_Philippine_Citizenship.pdf ; entries must be TYPEWRITTEN;
- Five (5) recent Passport size photo in white background taken within six (6) months;
- If available: original and one (1) photocopy of any documents issued by the Philippine Bureau of Immigration, such as Alien Certificate of Registration;
- Original and one (1) photocopy of Birth Certificate or Report of Birth issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Manila;
- Original and one (1) photocopy of Marriage Certificate or Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Manila;
- Original and two (2) photocopies of latest Philippine passport;
- Original Certified True Copy by the Foreign Embassy within the UAE of latest foreign passport and one (1) photocopy;
- Original Naturalization Certificate of Foreign Citizenship (official English translation is required) –Certified True Copy by the Foreign Embassy within the UAE and one (1) photocopy; and
- Fees: AED 400
- Processing period is fifteen (15) working days upon compliance of complete requirements.